Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Struggle

I struggle with consistency in my Bible reading and "quiet time."  I've gone through phases where i want to do it, and I do it consistently.  I've gone through phases where I want to do it, but just don't.  And I've gone through phases where I just don't want to do it.  Right now I'm in the "want to, but don't" phase, and I'm tired of struggling with the "Baptist" guilt.  It doesn't make me any more or any less saved whether I read my Bible or not, but I do believe it makes me more or less Christ-like.  I'm trying to grow past some things in my life, and to do this, I need the daily communication from God.


That said, it's much easier to know it and want to do it, than to actually make & take the time.  In fact, I have to leave this post right now to get a crying baby...


Back now!  {BTW, I did get my reading done today before I started this post!}  I've decided to use the vastness of the internet to find a plan and also to have some accountability from you people.  So, feel free to ask me what I've learned or retained lately!


To start with, I'm going to do this 61-day chronological plan from Biblegateway.com.  I'm sure it will take me longer than 61 days, but I'm going to track the progress on another post.  Click here to track me if you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment