Sunday, April 15, 2012

Safari Baby Shower (the 2nd one)

 This cake was for a friend's baby shower.  She did her nursery in safari animals, so I wanted to match the cake.  But I decided to do a different safari cake than the one I did here.  
The bottom tier is a buttercream base, with Wilton Sugar Sheets overlaid for the zebra print.  In retrospect, I don't like the sugar sheets on the entire layer.  It's okay for embellishments, but I had to piece it together too much to cover the entire cake.
The top tier is all buttercream...I just freehanded the giraffe spots. 
All of the embellishments are fondant, with a little buttercream "grass" thrown in!  My friend was wowed and loved this cake!!

A closeup of the animals...

The back of the cake...lots of flowers and butterflies on the back.




--January 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment