Sunday, July 21, 2013

Garlic Parmesan Potatoes

It's been a very long time since I blogged.  I've been busy with these cuties ...
And this one...
BUT I still cook supper just about every night, and I created something super delish tonight! I'm sure someone has done this, but I hadn't ever, so therefore I created it. So there. 

Melt some butter in an oven-proof skillet and throw in 2 garlic cloves, minced. 
Cut in half lengthwise some little potatoes...I think they're Yukon Gold..and sprinkle on some salt and pepper. 
Throw them into the skillet with a little more butter, and let them cool in the buttery, garlicky goodness for 5-10 minutes. I lost track of how long I cooked them cause I had to go change diapers. 
Wash your hands from changing those diapers, then stick the pan in a 350 degree oven.  Let them cook for about 20 minutes, or until tender. They will be getting all golden-looking and delicious from the butter. 
Put a nice thick coating of Parmesan cheese...I had grated, but shredded would be good too..and pop under the broiler for about 5 minutes.....
Until they look like this!! 
Sooooo good!!
I served them with some leftover pork butt my hubby made on July 4th (freezer stash!) and some home-canned green beans my Mama gave me. 
And yes...I cleaned my plate, plus ate another bite or 2 of potatoes. Nursing twins, baby!!
I didn't measure anything, so no printable, concise recipe...just have fun and remember the butter!




1 comment:

  1. Those potatoes look so good! I'll have to try them soon.

    ReplyDelete