Friday, November 4, 2011

Elmo Cake & Cake Pops

We had an Elmo themed party for my daughter's second birthday.  

I made cake pops for her to take to preschool for snack time.

 I was working on them during her nap time.  I was a little worried that she wouldn't "get it", but when she came into the kitchen and shouted "Elmo!!" I knew I had scored big.  And of course she had to taste test.  (I plan to ... one day ... do a post about the Elmo cake pop process.  I (mostly) followed this one from Bakerella, but I did a few things differently to make it go faster.


And this was the Elmo Cake.  I did a 14" 2-layer on the bottom, with white buttercream, then used the Wilton Elmo cake pan to do the face. For the eyes/nose/mouth, I again used Viva paper towels to smooth them, then piped TONS of tiny stars for Elmo's furry face.  I had to take a few breaks to rest my hand, because it kept cramping. 


--August 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment