Saturday, August 20, 2011

Today's Run - a "Long Run"

I use quotes because I'm so slow I'm not sure it's considered running.  And it wasn't super long, but it was the longest run I did this week.  I'm not super happy with my time, but I've been a slacker about consistency the last couple of weeks.  


On Monday I'm going to get back on my training schedule.  I've used the novice schedule from Hal Higdon in the past, so in lieu of anything better, I'm going back to that.  The next race I have planned is a marathon relay on October 30th.  I'm not sure yet what leg I'm running, but I've got to get up to somewhere between 5 and 8 miles by then.  Actually, I could probably run that now, but not well, and I want to do it well!


Here's today's data:  (One day I will figure out how to upload the data from my fancy watch....)


Total time:  52:30
Total distance:  4 miles
Average pace:  13:07
Average HR:  161
Mile 1:  12:41  (hr 150)
Mile 2:  13:31  (hr 160)
Mile 3:  13:25  (hr 166)
Mile 4:  12:42  (hr 169)

No comments:

Post a Comment