Sunday, October 30, 2011

Marathon Relay

Today I did a first...ran a marathon!!  {**relay**}
I was part of a 4-person team, and we split the marathon into 4 (not quite equal) parts.  
Shane Kenny - Ron Davis - **ME** - Travis Brown
"Dr Funke's 100% Natural Goodtime Family Band Solution"

Ron was leg one at 5.5 miles.
Travis was leg two at 8 miles (was supposed to be 8.4)
I was leg three at 5.5 files (was supposed to be 5.1)
And Shane was our finisher at 7.2 (I think he said it was more like 7.4.)

Our official time was 04:37:22!

This was my time.  I'm super happy with it!!  My goal that I set here was 12:27 average, and I was soooo far ahead of that!  My lungs were on fire when I was done, and I needed a long nap (getting up before 5 am was also a contributing factor), but I did it and felt proud of myself!!

There's already talk of next year's relay...anyone want to join the fun??

No comments:

Post a Comment